Strawberry Jam Roll

I was in a hurry today, but I still wanted to bake something special for my Daughter, it is Friday and she had a hard week at school... Jam Rolls remind me of my childhood... so I quickly baked one, sliced it and now I will take it to the school playground so that she can share it with her friends! Let the weekend begin....


The recipe is adapted from the italian classic one to be a bit healthier:

120g self raising flour
120g sugar
2 eggs
milk

jam, nutella, custard, cream and strawberries...

beat the egg whites until they are fluffy and quite solid; then beat the eggs yolks with the sugar until they are white, add 100ml of milk and then the flour. Once its all smooth incorporate the egg whites very gently.
Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with baking paper to get a rectangle about 30x20 cm. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C for about 8 minutes.
Take it out of the oven and remove from baking sheet straight away. Roll it inside the baking paper and let it cool. Then open it gently and spread it with the filling of choice. Roll it again quite firmly and let it rest for an hour or so ( or if you are in a hurry in the fridge for 15 min) and then slice it.


Comments

Popular Posts