oh I do love my new pressure cooker - chicken curry in half an hour

We do not usually review products, but this time we have to make an exception. I recently bough a new pressure cooker,  a Morphy Professional 6lt Pressure Cooker, and  I love it.

My Mum always used a pressure cooker, and I have always owned one, but this new one seems to cook faster and better than the one I had before.

So, without further ado,  here is the recipe I made for dinner tonight. Chicken Curry in 30 minutes. The chicken was whole and frozen.


This recipe has been adapted from Easy Curries - Jody Vassallo

Ingredients:

3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
3 cm fresh ginger
2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground garam masala
1/2 tsp ground chili powder
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1 frozen chicken (organic if you can source it)
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
1 can water
1/2 tsp salt

Chop the onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor.
Add the vegetable oil to the pressure cooker, heat it up and then add the onion, ginger and garlic mixture. Sweat for 5 to 10 minutes.
Add the spices and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the coconut milk, tomatoes and salt. Stir and add the chicken.
Immerse the chicken as much as you can in the sauce. Close the lid of the pressure cooker then cook for about 20-30 minutes from the whistle.
Done!


Comments

Popular Posts